RE: getting data back when inserting

mysql_insert_id

bastien

From: "Aaron Todd" <aaloki88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  getting data back when inserting
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:01:19 -0500

I was wondering if somone might be able to suggest a command to me...I am
inserting data into a MySQL database that has an auto-incrementing primary
field.  When I insert the data I would like to somehow get the value of the
auto-incrementing primary field.  I thought I could just run a SELECT
statement on some of the data that I am inserting, but the problem is that
it could have a duplicate already in the database.

Anyone know of a command or something to point me in the direction I am
looking to go?

Thanks,

Aaron