Re: & and sessions

Trying to answer a couple of mails here...

How
exactly are you tacking the SID onto the end of these URLs?  If it's
done by php automatically then you shouldn't be having problems at all
at the xhtml level, if you're doing it manually - then manually add
&SID=$wherever_sid_is_stored onto the urls.

php adds the SID automatically so I have no control over that part of the url... for all other params i use & manually.

Otherwise, take a look at this php.ini option ->
; The separator used in PHP generated URLs to separate arguments.
; Default is "&".
;arg_separator.output = "&"

I would do that if I had control over the server... but I don't get to say what the ISP can do or not... That might change in the future but right now I'm stuck with them...

There is no REAL problem, since all pages displays nicly in all browsers I've checked... the problem is that I in _one_ place put a "valid xhtml" banner with a direct link to w3's xhtml validator... not so nice when it turns out that it's not valid xhtml after all...

I guess I will have to add the sid manually... I've never bothered doing it that way before, so I guess I'll have to dig trough the php manual again... ;)

thanks for your help!

_bobo wieland _ dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx _ winamp >> the prodigy | weather experience (top buzz remix)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norland, Martin" <Martin.Norland@xxxxxxxxxx>