Re: php v jsp

Vikas Nanda wrote:

I just wanted to know what the advantages are of using php against
> jsp. My supervisor wants me to use jsp but I think that php might be
> better. Also can php code be easy reused like jsp?

Why would you think such a thing? They both accomplish the same mission using similar strategies. A competant JSP programmer is going to make a better program than a newbie PHP programmer and vice versa.

Which programming language do you know? What kind of hardware are you using? How many programmers are on your team? What kind of program are you developing?

The question isn't as simple as JSP vs. PHP vs. .NET, etc, many other things need to be taken into consideration, too. You may just have to accept that JSP is a better solution in this instance. Or you may weigh all of the above and decide it'd be stupid to not use PHP.

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com