Re: neebee: on table designs.

Phpnews wrote:
Hi All,

    I have 5000+ individual clients, each clients may have 100+ records.
Each client can modify to their own records.

    In the order of maintenance, robustness, scalability then performance,
which of the following do you think is best.

    i)    1 big table with 500000+ records
    ii)    5000+ small tables with 100+ records (1 table for each client)?

    At first I thought (i) but then for robustness a colleague pointed out
that on (ii) if clients screw up their own table it will not affect anyone
else!

any comments/suggestions are very much appreciated
tony

1 table with clients
1 table with records

-- Sebastian Mendel