RE: PHP vs ASP

[mailto:Matthew.Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
>I need some ammo to convince my boss not to use ASP but use PHP
instead.

>Anyone have some info I can give him?

If you want us to give you live ammo instead of blanks, we'll need more
details on your setup.  There is a possibility that you should use ASP
instead of PHP, albeit slim.

Things like:
	What languages the coder(s) already know
	What code is already in place
	What kind of interfacing will you be doing (what data sources,
etc.) if any
	What type of server it's running off
	Etc.

You can certainly start off with apache+php is going to be cheaper than
anything else (assuming you or someone else know the particulars
already).  It's no longer the case that bosses will complain that "if
you leave no one can maintain it!" - PHP is definitely here to stay and
pretty mainstream.

- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.