RegEx

i'd luv to know wat happens if a value is to be taken from within a certain tag in a page when there are more than one of the tags in the page.
for example, if i'd luv to tkae all data from within EVERY  bold tags in a page, will this work:

$file = http://example.com/;
$open = fopen($file,"r");
$read = fread($open, filesize($file));
$search = eregi("<b>(.*)</b>", $read, $value);

and by the way, i'd also luv to know more about Regular Expressions. I'd be very happy if someone can refer me to a nice tutor page.
thanx.