RE: mysqldump

Does that user have permissions to run the mysql dump ?

Bastien

From: "Aaron Todd" <aaloki88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  mysqldump
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:59:31 -0500

I have created a PHP script that looks like:

<?php
  $filename = "/var/www/html/db_backup_" . date("n-j-y").".sql";
  exec('mysqldump -u ***** -p***** database > $filename');
?>

For some reason this doesnt work and I cant figure out why.  There is no
error that comes back.  When I run the mysqldump command from the server
console it produces the file fine.  I have read a few other posts out there
about this same thing which resulted in the location the file was being
saved.  But I have gone through my server and found nothing.  Does anyone
have any suggestions for regarding this.

Thanks,

Aaron