From: dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 2:10 PM
To: Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office)
Cc: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  backing up database with mysqldump

C:\>mysqldump -uadministrator -p  test > test.sql
Enter password: **************

"Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office)" <Matthew.Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/25/2004 01:53 PM

To:
php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

RE:  backing up database with mysqldump

How do I provide a password?

I have been trying -p password[mypass] mysqldump sampledb >
./backup/file.txt

-Matt

  _____