RE: how many databases should I create

Just to add my 2p/2c..

I use multiple databases as I find this better suits my needs. It is easier
to 'plug-in' various components to a client's application if each component
is contained in an individual database.

For example if your application was to be offered to clients as modules,
then dropping in the relevant database would probably be simpler than
adding/removing tables from one big database.

Also I find it helps me to keep individual client data separate rather than
lump it all together and add extra keys to the tables to differentiate
between clients.

This is of course MY preference for MY application, just airing my
thoughts....

Graham