Re: setting root password

If you haven't yet deleted the localhost root account, you can log onto
the mysql client with:
mysql> mysql -uroot -p

then press enter again when it prompts you for a password.

You should now be able to manage all your account info.

dave

"Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office)" <Matthew.Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/18/2004 01:28 PM

To:
php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

Subject:
 setting root password

I have tried the step-by-step methods listed on mysql.com for setting a
root
password for my local server but I keep getting the message "you must have
privileges to update tables in the mysql database to be able to change
passwords for others".   What could I be doing incorrectly?

-Matt