Re: MySQL max records

How many records it can hold before becoming too slow for practical use depends entirely of the hardware that makes up the server.

Current versions of MySQL has a finite limit of 2^64 records per table, but how many billion records you can shove into it before you start seeing performance issues depends on the RAM size, the RAM/CPU roundtrip speed, and the pure processing power of the CPUs, as well as the overall load of the server. Obviously dedicated DB servers/clusters will be able to handle alot higher record counts than mixed-purpose servers.

Rene