RE: mysql error and resource ID:

Well believe it or not I got it right finally.
Just used the example from the manual.

Meanwhile, the funny thing is , I think the error
translates back to my original error abut Resource
ID#2
Because not I get :
Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near 'id #2).

I think this means the second ID column in the table?

Stuart
--- Graham Cossey <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stuart, you need to define $link if you're going to
> use it ;)
>

> > Not much luck here on placing the
> mysql_error($link);
> > I know the server and database is reachable. So I
> > imagine the error is happening in the query.  I've
> > moved the $link around with no luck.
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> > Revised code below:
> [snip]
> > mysql_connect("myserver","myusername",
> "mypassword") or
> die(mysql_error());
>
> $link = mysql_connect(...
>

> > mysql_select_db("mydatabase") or
> die(mysql_error());
>
> mysql_select_db("mydatabase", $link)...
>

> > $query = "INSERT INTO MainTable
> > (RecordID,UserID,.........)
> > values

(null,null,$f1a,$f2a,$f2c,$f2d,$f2e,$f2g,$f5b,$f3m,$f3n,$f3e,$f3f,