Re: INNO tables - will I have problems?

right, so after you define the fields of the table,  you add type=innodb
simple as that

dave

Gerard Samuel <php-db@xxxxxxxxxx>

10/13/2004 02:34 PM

To:
jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, julian@xxxxxxxxxxx

jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>If the minimum requirement of mysql is version 4, then you
>>will have no problems, as INNODB is the default type in mysql 4.x.x
>>
>>--
>

> InnoDB is included by default in mysql 4 but the default is still MyISM.

I looked over the manual, and I believe that you are correct.
The default type is still MyISAM, but to create an INNODB table, one
must specify it in the CREATE TABLE syntax...