Re: Don't mean to be repetitive - Session Variables

On Monday 11 October 2004 17:35, Stuart Felenstein wrote:

> > If you don't have a specific reason for this to be
> > enabled you should disable
> > it.
>
> I don't control it.  On  a shared server.

OK.

> > and try out the examples and understand what's going
> > on.
>
> The examples don't seem to apply.

The point is that you should understand *what* is going on with the examples.
It's only when you've understood something that you can then apply it to
other situations.

> > Executive summary:
> >
> > do not enable register_globals
> > $_SESSION['variable'] = 'something'; // to register
> > a session variable
>
> Alright , I guess the light isn't shining through
> here. 'Something' is setting the variable to something
> the user can change with the form input ?

The 'something' in your particular case is the data from the form on Page1. Eg

  $_SESSION['variable'] = $_POST['myforminput'];