Re: -14 Days Ago

Cole S. Ashcraft wrote:

I am trying to see whether a data in an array pulled from a MySQL DB (YEARMONTHDATE) is older than 14 days ago. I am trying to do this in PHP. My code looks like:

if($array['due'] <= $today - 14)
{
echo "<h5>Assignment In Void:</h5><br><h4>Assignments in the void are read-only";
require('footer.php');
exit;
}.

I am having problems with the math. How do I do a date subtraction without ending up with something like 20040994 (not a valid date)?

Thanks,
Cole

You need dates in timestamp format to subtract them. You can use the function strtotime() to convert to timestamp. For instance, you can use:

$old_date = strtotime("2 weeks ago");

You then just need to convert the date from the database to a timestamp. strtotime will do something like:

$db_date = strtotime("October 10 2004");
or
$db_date = strtotime("10 October 2004");

But, I don't think it will do it your way. You may have to change the order of your string, as well as add spaces. Check the manual at http://us4.php.net/strtotime. IF the database value is in some kind of MySQL date format, you can perhaps retrieve it as a timestamp. MySQL has several DATE formats and date/time functions.

Janet

--
Janet Valade -- janet.valade.com