RE: Help: First Time Form with Sessions

see interspered again ;)

From: Stuart Felenstein <stuart4m@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>, php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Help: First Time Form with Sessions
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

See interspersed:
--- Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Stu
>
> 1. why not check it on every page, then if it fails
> the user won't need to
> make it to the end and then have to go back to the
> beginning to fix
> something minor.
>
> 2. You could use hidden fields to pass the data back
> and for or just use a
> session, otherwise the variables expire on that page

I think I'm stuck on sessions now :) .  So if there
were 3 pages and then a final 4th page where the
transactions to the database take place - without
passing the session variables around , they will still
be available on the 4th page ?

yes, you will have them available...to add new elements to the session, you will need to put session-start(); on each page THAT REQUIRES sessions

3 - Now I've run into an error: Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lurkkcom/public_html/Multi2Return.php:2) in /home/lurkkcom/public_html/Multi2Return.php on line 3

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache
limiter - headers already sent (output started at
/home/lurkkcom/public_html/Multi2Return.php:2) in
/home/lurkkcom/public_html/Multi2Return.php on line 3

You have some additional output here...could be a blank line, a cookie or html output to the browser...CAN COME from an INCLUDE file, check it out...

On first page: I have session_start();

And on "Multi2Return.php" I have session_start();

I thought to continue session you need to put the
session_start function on each page.  If I remove
though , I get nothing.

Yes, you do need it on each page that uses session variables

Stuart

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.