Re: somewhat OT - firebird vs postgres, and php support

Well, we are using firebird for about 3 year already, and they updated it a lot.
The 1.5 version is stable, reliable and fast. And it is still
compatible with the interbase extension, tough a firebird only
extension will be available soon.
They are still working on it, and words about the 2.0 version are
already spreading.
Firebird is walking on a different direction from interbase so soon
they'll not be compatible. Both Pear and ADOdb support for interbase
can be used with firebird 1.5.