From: "Mulley, Nikhil" <mnikhil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  I have a query
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:19:31 +0530

I have a query regarding mysql and PHP ...
here it is ....
I know there is a field data exisiting in one of the tables in the present database;

I want to know whether there is any sql or PHP function with which I can find out in which table the field data is present for example .....

I have database called asset in which 5 table are present namely asset1,asset2,asset3,asset4,asset5...

all the tables have the same schema structure and common field names ,equal no of columns(but not the equal number of rows)

I want to know ,in which table among the above is having a particular field data for example ...the column name is asset_loc ( common for all the tables,but no constraints ,no relation with other tables)

I want to know if the asset_loc from any table has the data 'heaven'

it should be something like this
select * from asset1,asset2,asset3,asset4,asset5 where asset_loc='heaven';

Thanks, waiting for a quick response ....from a great list.

SELECT * FROM Linux_kids where Dis_Hard_Fans='Nikhil' ;-)

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.