Re: Register Globals = OFF not passing variable

Daniel,
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.

Regards,
Craig
On Sep 24, 2004, at 9:40 PM, Daniel Watrous wrote:

Craig,

I don't see where you are calling the function "display_private_results",
but I think I know what you are after. It appears you are expecting POST
data and so have used the _POST superglobal. You have one of two options:

Option 1:
call the function sending parameters as you have shown below, but use
superglobals
e.g. display_private_results($_POST["user_id"], $_POST["area"],
$_POST["username"]);
NOTE: this would make it seem a little awkward to use the _POST super global
inside the function you may want to put it outside the function

Option 2:
call the function sending NO parameters
e.g. display_private_results()
and re-write your function to look like this:
function display_private_results()
{
if ($_POST['postback_private_results'])
{
include "include/db.php";
$query = "SELECT routes.*, users.* FROM users, routes WHERE
area='$_POST["area"]' AND username='$_POST["username"]' ";
and so on...

Hope this helps. If it doesn't I suspect that some reading on superglobals
will resolve your dilemma...
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php

Daniel Watrous