RE: MultSelect ListBox hell!

ah, i get the problem now...

what you need to do is create the entire sql statement on the fly, based on whether or not there are results for a particular field....

<?

//base sql statement
$sql = "select * from jobs where record_deleted = 'NO' ";

if (isset($_POST['states'])){
  //check to see if the states is an array (multiple items or just one
  if (is_array($_POST['state'])){
    $sql .= "(";
    $x = 0;
    foreach ($_POST['state'] as $state)
      if ($x == 0){
      $sql.= "state = '$state' ";
      $x=1;
    }else{
       $sql .= " OR state = '$state' ";
   }
   $sql .= ")";
 }else{
    //$_POST['state'] is not an array
    $sql .= "state = '".$_POST['state']."' ";
}//end if

if (isset($_POST['job'])){
if (isset($_POST['state'])){ $sql .= " AND "; } //add in the AND if the state is set
//check to see if the states is an array (multiple items or just one
if (is_array($_POST['job'])){
$sql .= "(";
$x = 0;
foreach ($_POST['job'] as $job )
if ($x == 0){
$sql.= "job = '$job ";
$x=1;
}else{
$sql .= " OR job = '$job ";
}
}else{
//$_POST['job'] is not an array
$sql .= "job = '".$_POST['job']."' ";
}//end if
?>

And something like that needs to be done for each element in the search

Bastien