Grant Privileges on Postgres

Hi all, I run this instruction on Postgres psql tool:
grant all privileges on database test to newuser;
The goal is to give all privileges to newuser(user that is not a superuser)
on test, the owner is postgres but I need to give this other user
privileges.
The problem is, after run this instruction, the confirmation GRANT apears
but when I try to manipulate the database test with newuser, the database
server show error permisions.

Some ideas?

Thank's

Norma