Re: Re: Mass mail

Hello,

On 09/20/2004 11:54 AM, Ben Galin wrote:
Now, for the actual composing and sending of the newsletters, there are some optimizations that can be done depending on whether the newsletters are going to be personalized (avoid it at all costs if you can) or not.

May I ask why? Are you referring to the additional time it would take the script to run or to a security issue or something else?

Yes, it takes much more time to send personalized messages because you have to generate different copies for each recipient.

What I mean is that IMHO it is not worth to send personalized messages just to adapt the "Hello {name}" header unless you want to pretend that the messages are being sent by a human that really cares about the recipient person and not a bulk mailing machine.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/