From: Joseph Crawford [mailto:codebowl@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 5:55 AM
To:  Mailing List
Subject:  PHP 5 Error Handling

Guys,

i have been working with custom exception classes that extend the
general exception.  Here is some code i have

       public function command($cmd) {
               if($cmd) {
                       $res = fputs($this->connection, $cmd);
                       $this->response = fgets($this->connection, 128);
                       switch($this->getCode()) {
                               case 500:
                                       throw new CommandException($cmd);
                               break;
                       }
               }
       }

       public function selectGroup($group) {
               $this->group = $group;
               if(substr($this->response,0,3) == "200") {

                       THIS IS THE LINE THAT THROWS THE ERROR
                       $this->command("NoSuchCommand\n");

                       $this->response = fgets($this->connection, 1024);
               }
               $info = split(" ", $this->response);

               $this->first = $info[2];
               $this->last = $info[3];
       }

now when the error is thrown and i do $e->getLine(); it shows the line
of the file where the throw statement is.  Is there a way to make it
show the actual line number of the line that is the error? the
$this->command("NoSuchCommand\n"); line.

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Codebowl Solutions

For a GMail account