Re: One to Many Select Statement

My suggestion is:

select u.username, g.group_name from usertable u inner join grouptable g on u.id=g.user_id;

ENJOY !!

Arné Klopper
System Developer
NetCB Solution(Pty) Ltd.

**************************************
Looking for clarification...
Say that I have a user table and group table ->

-- user table --
id  username
1   foo

-- group table --
id  user_id  group_name
1   1        group_1
2   1        group_2

Would this be the proper way to construct a select statement for this ->
select u.username, g.group_name from user u, group g
where u.user.id = g.user_id and user.id = 1;

The results should look like this ->
username  group_name
foo       group 1
foo       group 2

What I would like to clarify, is if this is the proper (only) way to
construct a one to many select statement?

I've always thought I was doing something illegal, since username is
displayed more than once, and I would like to shake that thought
off my back.

Thanks for your input..