end of line

Hi. I'm trying to find a simple way to allow a client to update a "notes" page on her site whenever she wants. I created a form which allows her to save a few paragraphs to a mysql table. What I want to do, though, is write her paragraphs to an html page so others can see her words. Is there a way to replace newlines with <p> tags, so that her carriage returns show up as separate paragraphs when I write it to html? Also, she uses a mac - doesn't mac register newlines and carriage returns different than windows or unix? Thanks in advance.