odbc_num_rows fails when HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH is commented out

Hi,
I'm using php-4.3.3 on mandrake Linux. I had a performance problem accessing to DB2 databases on As400 systems. When I searched the internet I found out that commenting out '#define HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH 1' lines from php_odbc_includes.h file could solve the problem. I edited the file and recompiled php; the result was a much better performance. But this time odbc_num_rows() statement fails and always returns -1. How can I solve this problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Mahmut Eren

Bu e-posta sadece yukarida isimleri belirtilen kisiler arasinda özel haberlesme amacini tasimaktadir. Size yanlislikla ulasmissa lütfen gönderen kisiyi bilgilendiriniz ve mesaji sisteminizden siliniz. Turkiye Cumhuriyet Merkez Bankasi A.S. bu mesajin icerigi ile ilgili olarak hicbir hukuksal sorumlulugu kabul etmez.

This e-mail communication is intended for the private use of the people named above. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. The Central Bank of The Republic of Turkey does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.