Re: IBM DB2

Robert Twitty wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Gerard Samuel wrote:

Robert Twitty wrote:

Hi

Is anyone using PHP to connect to an IBM DB2 database?  The reason why I
am asking is becaouse I want to see if the odbtp extension can be used to
successfully prepare and execute DB2 stored procedures.  So far, ODBTP
performs quite well with IBM DB2 in regards to regular queries.

I've never used stored procedures before, but if you have example code on hand, I can give it a shot...

Unfortunately, I do not have access to an IDM DB2 database, so I don't have any examples of my own. However, after "Googling", I have discovered that creating DB2 stored procedures is a bit more complex than that of other databases, like SQL Server and Oracle. It appears that DB2 stored procedures are implemented as external shared libraries, i.e., DLLs. The examples that I found were written in C. So, testing ODBTP with DB2 stored procedures may be beyond the call of duty.

Unfortunately, I trashed my dev box by fdisking it last week. Hopefully in the next week or two, when I get some time, I'll be rebuilding it, and I'll take a look at stored procedures to see if its doable or not.
I know where to find you...