different heading

pls. help me.
i have made one webpage where user for getting a report checks the checkbox as per his requirement and accordinly only that data is retrieved from mysql.  i used array and loop for getting the data.

now my problem is that by default column name (of mysql table) is displayed as heading

let me explain
suppose the column name of mysql table is ==> Enter_Date, Opening_Units etc. etc. than date is displayed under Enter_Date and Opening_Units....

i want to use different heading than column_name (even if underscore sign (_) between Opening_Units is removed i will be happy)  but keep in my mind that i have many columns.

thanks for your help.

balwant