I have a CR-LF problem when pulling stuff out of my DB

This may not be exaxtly PHP-DB related but it is a result of screwing
something up <grin>.

I pulled a bunch of data from a DOS formatted tab seperated file and now I am
dumping back out into a text file (on linux).

So, as you can imagine, I ended up with a bunch of ^M throughout the file.  I
plan on fixing this.  The solution is easy enough.  I just need to remember
to open the text files in vim and save as unix files.

However, I now have an immediate need.  I want to open these five files in vim
and find and replace the ^M in every instance.  I know how to find and
replace (:g/find//s/replace/g).  But I cannot get the ^M in the string.  If I
actually hit <ctrl-m> it reads as a return; if I type ^M using the shift-6
then it looks for the actual characters.

Can anyone help?

--

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District