Check Boxes

can somebody advise me
i want to use checkboxes on my website, i want that if user selects some
checkboxes (there will be more than 20 checkboxes), checkbox's value will be
stored in variables and than SELECT query command will be run using these
variables through PHP.  but my problem is that in SELECT query command after
each column name comma (,) is required and if i use the same than it is
displaying  "You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'FROM form' at line
1"

pls. help.

balwant