Re: SMTP

Remember14a@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am getting error as my mailing list application isn't configured with smtp server.
I contacted my isp provider that is aol, they give details of configuring smtp with applications like outlook express.
I have pasted the error i receive and other details related to my application. Any suggestion and guidance.
[snip]
In the Outgoing Mail Server section, click the My server requires authentication check box.

This is going to prevent you from using mail() without a locally installed SMTP server. mail() does not do authentication. You could try one of the classes from PEAR or phpclasses.org, though.

In the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field, change the number that displays to 587.

I guess "587" is the name of AOL's outgoing SMTP server for you? Change the below line in php.ini to reflect that, then.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

SMTP = 587