JOIN question

Hi there everyone,

I'm transferring a client's product from a Visual Basic .NET ACCESS 2000
application to run on a custom install of Apache/MySQL/PHP which I created
(With a custom installer which sets everything up for them).

My question though, is on looking through their ACCESS database, there seem
to be table joins - or at least that's what I understand they would be under
MySQL 4.  How can I read information from 3 tables at the same time?  I am a
little confused, I gather you use JOIN but I'm not sure how it works, could
someone please show me an easy to follow example?

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Oh and so far, on the pages that I haven't had to use JOINS, I can honestly
say that MySQL is FAR faster than ACCESS from what I'm seeing in my
development here.

Chris