Re: Empty query result

Pablo,

Hello Philip,

    pse.. can you paste the error information?
    There is no known "empty set" problem.

Here's my function:

function getMysqlSelectResultForUsername($identifier, $userName, $link)
{
$queryResult = mysql_query("select $identifier from theTable where username = '$userName'", $link);

    if (!($queryResult = mysql_result($queryResult, 0))) {
        session_register('_selectIdentifierFromTheTable');
        header("location:error.php");
        exit;
    }

    return $queryResult;
}

Here's the code that calls it:

$hall = getMysqlSelectResultForUsername('buildingID', $_userName, $link);
$roomNum = getMysqlSelectResultForUsername('roomNum', $_userName, $link);
$phone1 = getMysqlSelectResultForUsername('phone1', $_userName, $link);
$phone2 = getMysqlSelectResultForUsername('phone2', $_userName, $link);
$lastLogin = getMysqlSelectResultForUsername('lastLogin', $_userName, $link);

If the mysql_result($queryResult, 0) returns zero/nothing, then it goes to the 'error.php' page. However, I just want it to move on. For example, if there is no 'phone2' given in the database, I want it to just assign $phone2 to zero/nothing, not go to the error page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
~Philip

--