Re: DB access failure...

On Saturday 24 July 2004 10:25, \[php\]Walter wrote:

> So, your saying that if the name is in the HOSTS file and it still does not
> work I should not try anything further and just use the IP?

Does:

  ping hostname.as.listed.in.hosts.file

correctly resolves to the IP address as listed in the HOSTS file? If it does
then you probably haven't setup the permissions correctly in MySQL. You need
to use the GRANT command to allow connections from user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx See
MySQL docs for info.

If your IP address is not going to change over time then for practical
purposes there will be no difference whether you connect using IP address or
hostname.