Re: Re: REG_BADRPT error

In this case, it seems like you're looking for a lot of different and
exclusive things at once. I would suggest not using a huge regex as
they can be hard to create, harder to read, and impossible to
maintain. That said, I do use regexes in some of my code, just not for
something this simple. ;-) I generally use Perl Compatible Regexes as
I understand them better. Try:

if(strlen($pass) < 6 || !preg_match('/[a-z]/i', $pass) ||
!preg_match('/[0-9]/', $pass)) {
  //bad password
}

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--