writing to 2 tables

Hi all,

I am writing a PHP newsletter where users are able to write the news and
for the information to be written to 2 tables in the database. I can do
this for one table but it need it for 2.

Obviously what needs to happen if that the two ids from t1 and t2 be
linked together but how do i get the code to tell it to write to both
tables using the same id??

Does anyone know how this would be done?

All comments appreciated!
=)