Re: Temporary table name

Rosen wrote:
I need to create temporary table in mysql. And I generate random name - i.e.
"TMP21567". How can I check is this name already exist in database ?

If you're creating a true temporary table, then you don't need to worry about the name being unique.

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp21567 ...

Even if two PHP scripts run at the same time and issue this query, the temporary table is created on a per-connection basis and will not conflict with each other.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com