LAST_INSERT_ID?????

	OK.  I know that a BUNCH of people have had this question, and I
have read numerous Google threads on this, but nothing really seems to
point out the resolution...  I have a table with the Primary Key as an
auto_increment field.  Once I insert a new row of data into the table I
want to direct the user to a "Submitted" page.  I am trying to pull the
entry number to display for the user as a "ticket number".  I would
assume that I should use the LAST_INSERT_ID function for this.
Unfortunately, I am getting either failures or all zeroes for this
output.
	I can't even get this function to work in a SQL query window.
Please help!!!  I would attach code to this, but I am not sure what to
attach.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@xxxxxxx