Re: MySQL: Random select with specific count of a column

"Pablo M. Rivas" <pmrivas01@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello Torsten,
>
>      This is one, but I think you can find another one:
>      Supose your table is called tablename
>
>      select * from tablename as a left join tablename as b on
>      a.category = b.category and a.name<>b.name and
>      a.language=b.language where a.language='de' and b.name is not
>      null group by a.category

Hi Pablo,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately it's always returning the same row for
each category (maybe because of the group by) and only one row for each
category. I need to select 2 random rows for each category. Any more ideas?

Thanks, Torsten