PHP with Javascript tutorials?

Hi there everyone,

I've been looking on Google for PHP Javascript tutorials but I can't find
any.  I'm new to Javascript but can use PHP for what I need.  I was hoping
someone would know of a tutorial that would show how to use PHP to get 2-3
datasets which javascript can then use in forms.  For example, say I have 3
pulldown boxes, one would have countries - such as UK, USA etc .. If you
selected the UK it would bring up countries in the UK, and if you select a
country the third pulldown would show the cities in that country (This is
just an example to hopefully explain what I need) but I don't want the page
to refresh everytime I select an option which it does if you just use PHP.

Any help would be EXTREMELY greatly received :-)

Regards

Chris