Re: Delete Subquery

"...I want to be able to delete a rowid from the ROLES TABLE, but only if the roleid does not exist in the USERS TABLE..."

DELETE FROM roles
WHERE roleid NOT IN ( SELECT DISTINCT roleid FROM users);

Rui

Chris Bolt writes:

How about:

DELETE FROM users WHERE userid IN (SELECT u.userid FROM users AS u
LEFT JOIN roles AS r ON (u.roleid = r.roleid) WHERE r.roleid IS NULL
LIMIT 1);

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:59:25 -0400, Brock Jimmy D Contr 74 MDSS/SGSI