Re: Mysql not receiving the data

Some of the reason to have "register_global" on is to easly use variables
sent by post, get, cookie method of a form.
Ex.
<form name="form1" method="post" action="anypage.php?get_var=1">
  <input type="text" name="text_post" value="Hello World">
  <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>

in your code at the page "anypage.php" you will have available the
variables:
$get_var==1 and $text_post=="Hello World"
                    if "register_global=TRUE " in php.ini file
             - in this case u still have available $_POST;GET ecc...

$_GET['get_var']==1 and $_POST['text_post']=="Hello World"
                    if "register_global=FALSE " in php.ini file
            - in this case you don't have the $get_var e $text_post
available, so code is safer

I would suggest to leave register global=FALSE as to have safer code unless
u have to rewrite the whole code. Think about having hacked variables value
send by GET, COOKIE method.

Bye