Re: PHP/MySQL learning project

Alexey Kupershtokh wrote:

Hi.

In trying to learn PHP and MySQL, I'm trying to create a web-based

database

application that will keep track of my movies. I have five tables (shown

in

the graphic).  I'm trying to be able to display the results of the tables
with one movie title, all of the actors associated with it, and all of the
genre's associated with it.

You are thinking not in the terms of relational db. It's impossible on the
mysql db level.

WBR, Wicked

I don't know what you're trying to say here. You can do relational databases with mysql without any trouble whatsoever. Just because it doesn't support foreign keys (constraints) doesn't mean you can't have foreign keys. In fact, foreign keys mostly just slow down the run-time of your system, but I don't want to start a holy war here.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>