Re: big/small letters with oracle No2

>>"Torsten Lange" <t.lange@xxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>delivers always big letters, which is for
>>>Alice Springs) and location codes
>>>
>>>It happend in the heat of the moment... The above is only the case for
>>>column names, i.e. the parameter columns (Na, Mg...). Locations etc.
>>>belonging of course to data sets.
>>>

>>Hi Torsten,
>>
>>you can use mb_strtolower() to convert the column names to lower case and
>>then ucfirst() to make the first letter uppercase:
>>
>>echo ucfirst(mb_strtolower($fieldname));
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Torsten Roehr
>>

>I know, but there are not only elements but also abbreviations like PCB,
>PAK..., which should stay as they are.
>
>Torsten

Then I see only one way: create a mapping array to map your field names to
what you want them to be *really* called.

$mapping = array('FIELD1' => 'My real field name', 'FIELD2' => 'My second
field name');

Then you get the value this way:

$realName = $mapping[$fieldNameFromDB];

Hope this works for you.