Re: Re: $_Session vs $_Cookie

"Ng Hwee Hwee" <hhwee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:005201c446f7$848fcea0$7a01a8c0@xxxxxxxxxxx
> hi..
>
> the situation is like this: my clients' $_SESSION gets destroyed even
after
> only a few seconds of inactivity! so, with my current setting for
> gc_maxlifetime (1440), it should be more than enough to have their
sessions
> registered for the few minutes, right? thus, i deduce that the solution
may
> not lie in my gc_maxlifetime value?? please correct me if I'm wrong!

You're right, the session should at least be active for the specified
gc_maxlifetime - no matter if the users click a link or not. So even if the
user clicks only once to start the session and then clicks again after 20
minutes the session should still be valid. If it's not I guess there is
something wrong on your server because the session should be alive even if
the user is not requesting any pages. Do all users have this problem and do
you have it yourself?

Torsten