Re: explode() and a database call...?

Hi!
You should use $row["bands"].
But maybe it's only typing error.
I use such methos and have no errors.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 7:02:34 PM, Tristan wrote:

TPrsc> I'm trying to split up a field from a database that contains a list of
TPrsc> No's (Eg:1, 4, 12, 32)
TPrsc> If I do:
TPrsc> $bands_array = explode(",", "1, 4, 12, 32");

TPrsc> I get the following array:
TPrsc> $bands_array[0] = 1
TPrsc> $bands_array[1] = 4
TPrsc> $bands_array[2] = 12
TPrsc> $bands_array[3] = 32

TPrsc> All good!
TPrsc> However...
TPrsc> Calling froma database...
TPrsc> $bands_array = explode(',', $row[bands]);

TPrsc> I get no values in the array, (I have checked the overall value of
TPrsc> $row[bands] and it does contain "1, 4, 12, 32")

TPrsc> os my question is: why is the database call, changing how explode works?

TPrsc> Tris...?

TPrsc> *********************************************************************
TPrsc> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
TPrsc> the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
TPrsc> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
TPrsc> responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
TPrsc> notified that you have received this document in error and that any
TPrsc> review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
TPrsc> strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
TPrsc> please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

--
Best regards,
Mikhail U. Petrov