Re: Optimize Tables

Am Montag, 3. Mai 2004 11:50 schrieb Ng Hwee Hwee:
> sorry, what do you mean by _cron_  job?
unix-operating-system offers you a great thing called "cron-job`s"
like "sheduled-tasks" under windows.

4 more information follow this link
http://weather.ou.edu/~billston/crontab/

sebastian

> I'm hoping to optimise my tables, for example on, every Monday 9.30am.
>
> by the way, is there a problem if I optimise my tables too frequently? i
> mean, i was told not to defragment or format my harddisk too often cos it
> will cause wear and tear to the hardware.. does this apply to
> optimisation of tables? will this be bad for my server then?
>
> thank you so much.

Sebastian Mangelkramer

IMAC - Information & Management Consulting
Blarerstraße 56,   D-78462 Konstanz
Tel. +49 (0)7531 - 90 39-12
Fax +49 (0)7531 - 90 39-47
E-Mail: sebastian.mangelkramer@xxxxxxx