Re: Session

"Ng Hwee Hwee" <hhwee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:00ae01c42c33$d9d47430$800101df@xxxxxxxxxxx
> thanx Mike,
>
> i'm sure i have session_start() on all my pages. Why I'm so confident is
> because my session gets unset occassionally and not everytime. i cannot
find
> a pattern and so it is not a consistent problem.. it's so unpredictable!
> what could be the problem??

Take alook at this option:

ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 3600); // 3600 seconds

If you don't set it the standard value is 1440 seconds, then your session
data is deleted based on the garbage probablility. Take a look here:

http://de3.php.net/session

Look out for "session.gc_maxlifetime" and "session.gc_probability".

Regards, Torsten