Using $_SESSION array for large number of variables. Any recommendations?

Hi all,

System : Windows XP / Apache / MySql / PHP

I'm considering using session variables to store a large amount of data. How much is 'large'? To be honest, I have no idea at this point - very early days.

For arguments sake, lets say the system consisted of 100 users who will all store between them say 1000 different variables and objects for a period of 1 or 2 days.

In a nutshell, reason for storing this info is to save the state of php programs.

Is this approach advisable, or are there limits / other considerations when using session variables?

I would greatly appreciate peoples comments on potential problems pursuing this approach from anyone with extensive experience using session vars.

Thanks ... Ross

. Ross Honniball                  JCU Bookshop Cairns Supervisor
. James Cook Uni, McGreggor Rd, Smithfield, Qld. 4878, Australia
. Ph:07.4042.1157  Fx:07.4042.1158   Em:ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
. There are no problems. Only solutions.