"John W. Holmes" <holmes072000@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "andy amol"

> I would like to know how to create and populate drop down boxes in php.
> I want the value to be populated from database.
> What I am try to do is to provide the forign key value as combo box
option, so that I do not have to check for referential integrity.

You still have to check. Just because you provide a discreet number of
options in a  box doesn't mean that's really all the user can choosefrom. There are many ways to manipulate the data.That being said, just create a loop as you draw items from your database.echo '';
$sql = "SELECT name FROM products WHERE ...";
$result = query($sql);
while($row = fetch_assoc($result))
{ echo "{$row['name']}\n"; }
echo "";

I don't know what database you're using, so query() and fetch_assoc() are
generic.

---John Holmes...